SKU 135805 Categories , Tag

Yamazakura Blended Whisky 70 cl

75,00 VAT incl.

Yamazakura Blended Whiskey 70 cl bottle is a whiskey produced by the Sasanokawa Shuzo distillery in Japan.

Why buy it?

Very old distillery in Japan, initially specialized in Sakè and Shochu, it has also been producing whiskey since the 1940s. This is the product for which the company is best known; softness is sought and the name is a combination of “yama” (mountain) and “sakura” (cherry), with which petals the waters used for the production of whiskey are sprinkled. The blend is created with 80% corn and the remaining 20% ​​malted barley, which is then aged for 16 years in oak barrels. From

intenditori.

 

2 in stock

Product total
Options total
Grand total

Description

History

The Sasanokawa Shuzo distillery is one of the oldest in all of Japan: it was founded in 1765 for the production of Saké and Shochu. The former is a rice wine/distillate, the latter is another typical drink of Japan which, depending on the area, is produced either with barley, sweet potatoes, sesame, wheat or cane sugar. As early as the end of the 1800s, it began to produce whisky, although the real development took place around the 1940s, based on the harmonious and soft style of Scotland.

Production method

The production of blended whiskeys aims at obtaining harmonious and balanced products through the skilful mixing of single malt, whiskey obtained from the distillation of a single type of malted barley, and grain whiskey, or whiskey from various types of unmalted cereals. The result is distillates that tend to have less character and less decisive gustatory notes, but nonetheless endowed with great harmony, aromas and pleasantness.

Alcohol content

40%

Tasting notes

Light and bright amber colour. On the nose typical notes of peach blossom, vanilla, melon and white pepper. On the palate it is creamy, very enveloping and soft, supported by a good substance and alcohol. Final that returns to sweet and spicy notes, rather persistent.

Usage

Perfect at the end of a meal or as a meditation; particularly recommended for lovers of Japanese whiskey, but still able to express aromas, character and substance. Great as a gift!

Additional information

Weight 1,5 kg

Reviews

There are no reviews yet.

Be the first to review “Yamazakura Blended Whisky 70 cl”

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Request more information about the product

Register to receive a 10% discount valid for the first 24 hours!