SKU 135801 Categories , Tag

Japanese Blended Whisky Akashi Meisei White Oak Distillery 50 cl

60,00 VAT incl.

Japanese Blended Whiskey Akashi Meisei White Oak Distillery 50 cl is a whiskey produced by the White Oak Distillery in Japan.

Why buy it?

Meisei Blended is a blended whiskey made from 55% cereals and the remaining 45% malted barley. It therefore has greater hardness and character than other blended wines; the name “meisei” literally means “celebrity”, just to signify the lucky destiny and the important role of this product for the distillery.

 

 

3 in stock

Product total
Options total
Grand total

Description

History

Even if the history of whiskey in Japan is indisputably linked to Masataka Taketsuru, founder of the Nikka distillery, the history of distilleries in the Land of the Rising Sun is much older; in fact, as early as 1888, the White Oak Distillery was founded in Akashi. Starting with small whiskey productions but already known for the production of Saké and Shochu, over the years it has established itself as one of the main producers of pure malt and whiskey in the whole country. The company is very attentive to every step involved in the production of whiskey; from distillation, rigorously performed using traditional methods and discontinuous stills, to refinement, which takes place in oak barrels for a minimum of 3 to a maximum of 8 years for pure malt.

Production method

The whiskey making process begins with the malting of barley, during which the starches in the grain are broken down into simple sugars for fermentation. There are three stages: the maceration, germination and drying of the barley. The barley is then ground, added with hot water and the resulting wort is fermented and distilled. Final refinement, including choosing the right wood, is important to the flavor of the whisky.

Alcohol content

40%

Tasting notes

Light amber color with hints of honey. Notes of vanilla, American oak, flowers and candied orange peel on the nose. On the palate it is creamy, enveloping and balanced, with a decisive and alcoholic finish that returns to the spicy notes of wood.

Usage

Perfect at the end of a meal or as a meditation; particularly recommended for lovers of Japanese whiskey, but still able to express aromas, character and substance. Great as a gift!

Additional information

Weight 1,5 kg

Reviews

There are no reviews yet.

Be the first to review “Japanese Blended Whisky Akashi Meisei White Oak Distillery 50 cl”

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Request more information about the product

Register to receive a 10% discount valid for the first 24 hours!