SKU 227206 Categories , Tags , ,

Cannonau Basca 2019 Pedra Niedda 75 cl

20,30 VAT incl.

Basca Cannonau 2019 Pedra Niedda 75 cl is a wine produced by the Pedra Niedda company.

Why buy it?

Basca wants to express all the warmth of Sardinia with its intense aromas and flavors of red fruits. Elegant, harmonious and persistent, it offers strong and vibrant aromas and an important freshness.

3 in stock

Product total
Options total
Grand total

Description

History

The Sardinian company Pedra Niedda, founded by the Florentine wine-growing agronomist Enrico Menicalli and the tourist manager Susanna Atzori, has recovered the uncultivated vineyards of her family and has planted the native Cannonau and Semidano vines. Tittia, their white wine, is produced with Semidano grapes and has a large and enveloping bouquet, while Basca, their red wine, is produced with Cannonau grapes and has notes of Sardinian Mediterranean scrub such as myrtle, juniper, rosemary and laurel. Both wines are characterized by freshness, taste-olfactory complexity and salinity.

Production method

Alcoholic fermentation takes place in steel for ten days at a temperature of 26° C. Pumping over or punching down are carried out every day to ensure good extraction of the aromatic and coloring components.

The wine is aged for 80% in steel while the remaining 20% in French oak tonneau. After six months we proceed with the blend of the two masses, a short passage in steel for another two months to complete the aging period in the cellar.

Grapes used

Cannonau 100%

Alcohol content

14%

Tasting notes

At sight the wine has an impenetrable and brilliant ruby red colour. The notes of ripe cherry, plum, pomegranate, currant and blackberry, blueberry, dried violet flowers are clearly distinguishable on the nose, balanced by balsamic hints and more spicy notes of vanilla, tobacco, chocolate and licorice. In the mouth the wine is warm, full and powerful, with a high alcohol content (typical characteristic of the wine) and closed by elegant tannins and good acidity. Long and spicy finish, with notes of chocolate.

Possible combinations

In combination it is ideal to accompany cold cuts and cheeses, first courses of land and not very fat roasts.

Additional information

Weight 1,5 kg

Reviews

There are no reviews yet.

Be the first to review “Cannonau Basca 2019 Pedra Niedda 75 cl”

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Request more information about the product

Register to receive a 10% discount valid for the first 24 hours!