The company’s history began in 1823 when Johann Lageder, a young artisan apprentice, started his wine trading business in Bolzano. Subsequently, his descendants, including children and grandchildren, made the decision to purchase vineyards and undertake wine production. Alois III, Johann’s great-grandson, understood the importance of the different climatic conditions of South Tyrol and in 1934 acquired the Löwengang estate in Magrè, located in the southern part of South Tyrol. In 1963, Alois III died suddenly, leaving the company temporarily in the hands of his wife Christiane and their eldest daughter Wendelgard, until his son Alois IV, still young (he was 12 at the time), took over the management of the company. company in the 1970s together with his sister and brother-in-law, the winemaker Luis von Dellemann. From that moment, they introduced rigorous quality standards and adopted innovative methods both in the vineyards and in the cellar, significantly improving the company’s position on the market.
Fermentation is spontaneous and takes place in steel containers. The wine is then aged on the fine lees in steel for approximately four months.
Intense straw yellow color with greenish reflections. On the nose, discreet aromas, an accentuated bouquet and a fruity character reminiscent of elderberry, with spicy notes. It has a light mineral structure and a juicy taste that makes it pleasantly fresh.
Perfect with starters, fish, shellfish, pork and veal and poultry.